Friday, December 22, 2006

All I want for Xmas...

I really am too lethargic to write a preview of the Boro game - it may be Xmas lunches, or maybe something as a result of Tuesday night's game (?).

Who will play? Eleven will pull on the Charlton shirt, but none can guarantee a performance - passion, effort, endeavour, skill - it seems. Five will be subs and they will warm up, and try to put things right when (probably) it all goes pear shaped.

My one-to-watch is switching from the pitch to the stands - every single Charlton fan who travels gets my heartfelt thanks and good wishes for Xmas. I hope the result doesn't spoil your good tidings, as it may mine. I also think we should be watching the directors box too - a lot of silence preceded the recent statements about team building, who is to blame for signings, etc. I know you guys are as depressed as the rest of us, but at least you are hands-on and can try to put things right?

Pedro45's score prediction is...I haven't a clue. In years gone by I may have thought we could bounce back and win - we have done it before. But this is a very different Charlton to what we have been used to recently, so I don't know if we can win. Boro are also desperate for the points and see this as a must win game themselves. They will not lie down, even if the crowd is quite and sparse at the Riverside just before Xmas. Sadly, I think we may lose this one too - hope seems lost; maybe 2-1 (if we have a good/better day?

I'd like to sign off positively but cannot - up the Addicks and all that.

Please Santa - forget anything material. Just give me a result for a change!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Charlton Athletic Online!


powered by Bloglet
Sports Business Directory - BTS Local
Custom Search